I had a whole bunch of extra chicken breasts lying around so I went hunting for an interesting chicken recipe to make. I came across this recipe and decided I would give it a try. Honestly, I think it is good, but not at the top of my list. It is spicier than I would like, and also is high in sodium which I didn’t realize till after I made it. It also doesn’t generate that big of a serving size for the amount of sodium that is in it. On the plus side though, it is very low in calories. Also, I had to use a bigger casserole dish for my version, which probably made the output not as great. All in all, I would still recommend trying this out if you like hot sauce. Click the more link for the recipe.
Yield: 6 Cups
Serving Size: 1 1/2 Cups
Calories per serving: 380
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Cook rice in water 20 minutes as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and celery; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat. Open can of tomatoes; cut up tomatoes in can. Stir tomatoes and wing sauce into chicken mixture.
- Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon cooked rice into dish. Spread chicken mixture over rice (do not stir).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot in center. Drizzle dressing over top.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tags10k training ABC BMI calories diet distances Erie Canal exercise fitbit goal Goals Reached gym habit half marathon honesty information journey kick legs Lose It losing weight loss lunch milestone mountain dew new year New Years Resolutions obesity pace pound club progress RIT soda Sprite Zero surprise thanksgiving to do treadmill triple digits walking water weight weight loss withings workouts